Jewish Theater, existing in Kraków since 1887, inaugurated performances in this building in 1910 (the building was designed by Ferdynand Liebling, Ignacy Jozue Oberleder, and Beniamin Torbe in 1908). In the years 1910-1939, the theater hosted many visiting Jewish theater troupes from Poland and abroad, such as Molly Picon and Jacob Kalich, or Łódź Troupe of Abe Kompaniejec. Among the frequently returning were the famous Vilna Troupe run by Mordechai Mazo, presenting their masterpiece The Dybbuk, the Habimah theater company, as well as Zygmunt Turkow’s Warsaw Yiddish Art Theater, featuring Ida Kamińska. The Kraków Jewish Theater Association, established in 1926, with significant participation of theater critic Moses Kanfer, created the first permanent Jewish theater in the history of Kraków. It was first headed by Jonas Turkow, who produced among others Wyspiański’s Daniel and The Judges, and one of the guest directors was a distinguished actor Abraham Morewski. Kraków Yiddish bard, Mordechai Gebirtig, was closely affiliated with this theater.