PL EN

Kasper Straube's workshop

Kasper Straube's workshop

2 Bernardyńska Street

During the first half of the 16th century, Kraków boasted several excellent printing houses. Kasper Straube’s workshop was located in the Church of St Bernard. At 3 Św. Anny Street, Jan Haller’s printing house published the first text in Polish; it also published the first book written entirely in Polish, Historyja umęczenia Pana naszego Jezusa Chrystusa [The Passion of our Lord Jesus Christ], in 1508. Other early Kraków publishing houses include Wietor's, Ungler's and Szarffenberg's.

More places in the Literary Map of Krakow.

see on map
Map
< go to main page